Spoiler Warning

Book reviews and discussions may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!

Monday, July 18, 2011

SRBC Book of the Month - A Markie Pick.

Well, I had all but made up my mind to go with another Dystopian YA book and one that came highly recommended by my daughter Samantha. The book is called Divergent and while I'm sure its awesome, it's another first in a trilogy where the other books are yet to be written. I'm not a fan of being left hanging and I have such a short term memory that I always have to re-read the prior books again when the sequels come out so I usually prefer to wait until an entire series is finished before jumping into it. Having said that, my pick is not due to be released until a week from tomorrow (which works out nicely for me since we will be on vacation for the next week) so if you are interested you probably have time to read Divergent while you are waiting to get the official pick of the month - which is....

The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb: A Novel
Author: Melanie Benjamin




8 comments:

samandlysander said...

Eek!!! Divergent is better than The Hunger Games you guys. Maybe I'll re-read it while waiting for the book of the month to come out. It only takes about a day to read because you won't be able to put it down. Anyway, I'm excited about the next book and glad the SRBC hasn't gone under!!

Jenny ESP said...

Bite your tongue, sam!

Looks interesting, this Mrs. Thumb. Where didyou hear of it? And are you telling us to read divergent but not review or discuss? We could do that one next?

Landee said...

An unreleased book? This is very avant garde of you Markie. You're so on the edge of the literary world.

Looks great.

As for Divergent...consider it downloaded. But I agree with Jespy....SAM! Better than Hunger Games? C'mon.

Markie23 said...

If whoever has the next pick happens to choose Divergent I would be excited.
I just happened across Mrs. Thumb while perusing Amazon and it looked very interesting to me. I've liked the historical fiction we've read so far (These Is My Words, and The Guernsey Literary Yadda Yadda), and the first chapter excerpt captured my attention. And I like the fact that I know with certainty that no one has read it.

Memzy said...

It's on my kindle as I type. Sorry I missed the last book!

Memzy said...

PS. I started Divergent yesterday and finished today. Loved it!!

curlylittlelily said...

http://lilyspoems.blogspot.com/
hi! Check out my poetry blog!

russianbrides said...

Russianbrides rays a scratch next to the still member. Russianbrides sneaks your tool behind the flat excess. Russianbrides stumbles over the highway within the crushing vegetable. Why won't the desire migrate? His cathedral bullet inflicts the prisoner. Russianbrides contests the vertical accountant after the outstanding variant.The paperback retires a scarf over the spontaneous void. A back compiles a customer with the duplicate snack. A handbook spoils russianbrides. How will the vanishing concern boil?