Spoiler Warning

Book reviews and discussions may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Not The Worst

This wasn't the worst book I read in the last 6 months. Compared to Dark and Hollow Places (new release in the Forest of Hands and Teeth Series) Airborne was a breath of mango scented fresh air. They were on a pretty cool deserted (mostly) island, trapped in a lagoon, with a village of 'others' that no one really knew was there. Kind of a weird combo of Gilligan's Island, LOST, Treasure Planet and Star Wars (thanks Markie). Miss Simpkins was fun, in a Mrs. Bennett sort of way. Mr. Cruse was like....well, um....anyway. I enjoyed reading it after I plowed through the first 1/3 of the book and got to some interesting stuff. I too couldn't figure out where I was at on the ship. I thought maybe it was just me, but I'm realizing some of you had trouble picturing everything what the author was describing.

I can easily count on one hand the number of books that I've just groaned over and hated. This was not one of them. On Good Reads, I'd probably give it 2.5-3 stars.

No comments: