Spoiler Warning

Book reviews and discussions may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Scorched Trails has dried up, time for a new book

It's a new year, and this book club could use a rejuvenation. I've been doing some research to find a book choice that could do the trick. My research actually yielded a long list of potentials, but I thought we should start with something fun and adventurous, something with a fresh and clever voice. That sound good? Good.

So, over the next four weeks, please enjoy


(Can I use "charming" in the same sentence as "murder and mystery"? Well I'm going to, with or without your permission, thank you very much!)
It's a charming story of murder and mystery.




11 comments:

Memzy said...

Perfect. Timing!!! I'm so ready for another book.

Flem said...

Okay. I feel unfinished, but okay, moving on.

Cristin said...

yay, I'm sooooo ready to get back in.

Hot Pants said...

Good. I'm tired of thinking about whether I should waste my time reading The Scorched Trials or not. Bailey said it was awesome... (that was the part that made me think it might be a waste of time to read it)

Landee said...

Ok, but since I won't get the chance to bring this up I may as well here... half way through The Maze Runner I wrote in the margins "I wonder what a group of all girls and one boy would be like." So yeah. I'm genius. I can't show it to you though cuz it is on my kindle.

And I'm excited about this. Nothing like a charming murder mystery to kick off 2011!

eekareek said...

Aw man, and I just made it to chapter 3 in The Maze Runner. Oh well.

Amanda said...

If this is anything like the movie "Clue" I'm gonna love it.

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

http://materialwitness.typepad.com/material_witness/2009/02/interview-alan-bradley-author-of-the-sweetness-at-the-bottom-of-the-pie.html

Check out this great interview!

Flem said...

Uh, is it just me or is the time looming to discuss this book? I need a deadline, stat.

If not, I will show up in Vegas next weekend and hold my own private discush.