Spoiler Warning

Book reviews and discussions may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Sam's Mockingjay Review

I am so happy that I am not the only one that loved this book. I totally agree with Memzy. I love the books that I can't put down or stop thinking about when their over.

Mockingjay wasn't full of joy and happiness but I didn't expect it to be. It was inevitable that a lot of people were going to die because their mission to destroy the capital was near impossible. Of course I was sad when Finnick and Prim died horrible deaths but it kept me on the edge of my seat wanting to find out who made it through.

Though Katniss went through so much she almost fell off her rocker I think she accomplished what she set out to do. I think it was Peeta she was meant and in the end I felt she was happy with what she had. They were still both a little broken from the events that had taken place but at least they had eachother to get through it.

It doesn't surprise me that Haymitch continued down his path as an alcoholic. It didn't really seem like there was much left to keep him going.

The only thing that bothered me a lot was Gale. I think he turned out to be the biggest jerk. Designing the bomb that blew up Katniss' sister then selfishly leaving Katniss in the end to work for the government. I don't think he really ever supported her throughout the book either, he just kind of had his own agenda. Which is another reason why I'm glad she ended up with Peeta.

Despite this, I loved Mockingjay. I read it in less than 2 days and couldn't stop thinking about it afterwards. The characters I loved the most lived and ended up together which is more than I really expected. It's so exciting that their making a movie out of it (I love books into movies, no matter how cheesy they may turn out to be).

No comments: