Spoiler Warning

Book reviews and discussions may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!

Monday, September 27, 2010

October's book

I am so excited to have the privilege of picking this months book. I really never used to read at all and ever since this book club came about it has ignited an addiction to reading that can't be stopped. So far this year I have read 37 books which made picking this months book super hard, but I was able to narrow it down and pick one.

The book for this month is......................................



The Maze Runner by James Dashner


Amazon Description:

When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his first name. His memory is blank. But he’s not alone. When the lift’s doors open, Thomas finds himself surrounded by kids who welcome him to the Glade—a large, open expanse surrounded by stone walls.

Just like Thomas, the Gladers don’t know why or how they got to the Glade. All they know is that every morning the stone doors to the maze that surrounds them have opened. Every night they’ve closed tight. And every 30 days a new boy has been delivered in the lift.

Thomas was expected. But the next day, a girl is sent up—the first girl to ever arrive in the Glade. And more surprising yet is the message she delivers.

Thomas might be more important than he could ever guess. If only he could unlock the dark secrets buried within his mind.

__________________________________________________________________

I loved this book so much and am really excited for you guys to read it! It is a trilogy and the sequel comes out on October 17th so if you're up for a challenge you can try to read the second book too when it comes out. Here is a cheesy book trailer for the Maze Runner, see you guys at the end of the month for the discussion. Enjoy!!!!


4 comments:

Landee said...

I dl'ed this on my Kindle a few weeks ago but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Yay! Now that I have a legitimate assignment I will get my priorities on track again.

Thanks Sam!

Jenny ESP said...

Yay!! I, too, have had this on my Kindle forever! Kept meaning to read it since your goodreads review. Now, I must.

Markie23 said...

EEEEK!

Memzy said...

On Sam this is PERF. I'm half way through it right now. Can't wait!