Spoiler Warning

Book reviews and discussions may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

August's Book Announcement

I have let a few days lapse before announcing this month's book choice, and I could not help but notice that nobody noticed. In fact, I suspect a good handful of you were relieved there was no new book to read. Shame on you. Shame. On. You. (And me.)

I have also noticed that our book reviews/discussions this summer have been sparser than the leaves on the dying peach tree in my backyard. Do you gize not have much time for reading this summer? Is my drip system broken? Did you all plan your vacations on the last week of every month? Did I pay my water bill? I don't know the answers to any of these questions, and I guess it really doesn't matter anyway. The tree is dead. Face it.

So, here's what's what.

For the first time in the history of the SRBC, there will be no book choice this month. Instead, I strongly demand that you all use this time to reread a few important books from SRBC past. That's right. I'm talking about The Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.



This will get you ready for September's book club pick, which will be Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins, duh. It's comes out on August 24th, and I'm sure everyone will read it super quick, so we might have our discussion earlier than usual. We shall see. Stay tuned for that info.

Also, I strongly demand that you use your free reading month to bake and decorate a cake. A Hunger Games cake. Check my blog for more info on that later. That is all.



10 comments:

samandlysander said...

Okay I'm guilty. I have a pile of so many books that I've bought that I haven't been keeping up with the book club books too. I know I've said this before but I'm gonna make a commitment to read the book club books no matter what. I'm really excited about next months book and the cake contest!

Landee said...

Even though the tone of this post is incredibly bossy, I shall obey. I just need to get Hunger Games back from that one girl I lent it to. Or maybe I'll just reread CF and hope I like it better this time.

Decisions, decisions...

Memzy said...

I too have lent out my books and will need to be bossy to get them returned. Bossy gets you places.

I'm counting down the days. Counting. Down.

And your drip system is broked. I can tell by your grammar phrasing.

Jenny ESP said...

How dare you correct my grammar. I refuse to correct.

The McLaughlin's said...

I love being bossed around...NOT! But I shall also obey and re-read Catching Fire. For some odd reason I can't remember what happened in that stinkin' book. I am completely and totally looking forward to Mockingjay and I plan to participate in the discussion, like totally. Btw, sorry I missed the Snow Flower book, my free time was kidnapped by Statistics. Need I say more? Alright, so back to reading.......

Amanda said...

Because I hate being told what to do and love being a pest, I hereby refuse to reread HG and CF. Besides, I don't reread books. Too boring for me.

PS I killed your tree. Landee, aka the Administrator, made me do it.

Markie23 said...

Oh. I. Noticed. I even FB commented about the limbo state of the SRBC. But I like your decision and your bossyness. I'm reading the first two books again (this time with the wifey) and loving them all over again. I also finally read Captain Blood. Good good stuff!

Hot Pants said...

I'm all about the rereading. And baking.

StandsMom said...

I usually do exactly the opposite when someone is bossy. But since I'd already considered re-reading HG, I claim to be doing it of my own accord.

Grant-Grey Guda said...

You have an amazing blog, it is really very awesome, if you’re interested here is the link to my blog of poetry, it would be awesome if you could check it out and follow if you like.

http://thehumanicana.blogspot.com/

Hoping you have a wonderful week filled with inspiration and laughter,
Grant-Grey