Spoiler Warning

Book reviews and discussions may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Depressing Life of CeeCee Wilkes

I just got back from Wyoming not 15 minutes ago, and the Discussion is in about 10 minutes, so I don't have much time for reviewing. I'm not really sure what to say about this book anyway. I thought it was well written, and interesting, but I can't say I enjoyed reading it. It was a heartbreaking story and the little redemption there was in the end didn't seem adequate to cover the tragedy of C.W.'s life.
If only she'd turned over the bratty kid and paid her dues early on, and not had to live a life of guilt, stress and deceit, or if only she had not given in to Mr. manipulator in the first place and avoided the whole mess, or if only I had read a book that wasn't as dark and depressing as this one. So many if only's.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

If only I weighed 110 lbs.