Spoiler Warning

Book reviews and discussions may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!

Monday, May 3, 2010

The book for May is...

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

Cuz I'm a giver like that.



I really think you're gonna like this one, but I do have to give a little "Reader Discretion Advised" warning: it does contain some language. There's some "A" words, some "B" words, some "C","D", and "E" words, and maybe even an "F" word or two. It also has a healthy dose of gratuitous snogging, along with murder most foul.

Having said that, I wouldn't recommend it if it was excessively graphic. It is a Young Adult book, and I'd put it in the PG-13 category. Still, if you have younger readers that like to read what Mom's reading (sorry Meghan), you might want to read it yourself first, and then decide if it's appropriate for your kid. I do have an alternate recommendation for anyone that is worried about the above advisory.

Imprints by Rachel Ann Nunes

I just read about it in the "Books" section of our Sunday paper. The plot line sounded amazingly similar to The Body Finder, but it was written by an LDS author, and the reviewer called it "a clean, enjoyable read".

Happy Reading!

9 comments:

Hot Pants said...

I say go for the dirty one. I'm dying to learn about the "e" word!

Memzy said...

Looks gooood. Yay!

Landee said...

"a clean, enjoyable read"<----sounds lamerz!! Let's go PG-13.

Jenny ESP said...

I'm almost done with it, and can attest to its filthiness. Kissing with tongue, groping, every single curse word in the English language including some British curse words. Good stuff.

samandlysander said...

This book looks really good! I did read the Seer and the Sword btw and I really liked it. I was putting Jonas to bed during the discussion though so hopefully I can make it next time.

Flem said...

Hmm gritty. I don't want to buy a gritty book so I hope they carry it at the library--or I will have to hide it. My daughter has started reading all my books so I have to filter these days.

BUT for future reference, I have a request--can we start including the link to amazon so lazy people like me can click on it and buy it straight away.

Flem said...

What I meant to say is, THANK YOU for including the link, can everyone else do that too from now on.

Princess Kimi said...

I will read it. Only if we read the dirty one. Let me know kthanks. Srsly.

Rubber Duck said...

that is OK markie. I am fine with that. I might read the other one so that we can kinda be on the same page. (sorta)