Spoiler Warning

Book reviews and discussions may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Book Thief

Ok, so I kind of lied about something. I didn't totally hate this book. I just got way annoyed with how long it took me to get into it. I had The Host flashbacks.
Things I liked about the book:
* I like books taking place in the WWII era.
* I liked the loyalties, Hans to Max's dad, and Liesel's relationship with Rudy.
* I liked how Hans was to Liesel, loving father even though he wasn't blood.

Things that aren't my favorite:
*Death
*Taking forever to get into a book.
*Hair the color of lemons
*Death
*Cardboard Complexion
and
*Death

See ya next month!

4 comments:

Jenny ESP said...

Sorry it took you forever to get into the book, but I'm glad you eventually liked it. (??) And when you say you don't like hair the color of lemons, do you mean you don't like Rudy? Or you do you mean you're going to dye Howie's hair a nice dull brown color?

Landee said...

Jenny took my question.

Hot Pants said...

Lemon is such a bright yellow. It would just look dyed. I had to issue with Rudy. Just his hair description.

Memzy said...

why come i'm just now seeing this post?

Well, yay for you. Glad you liked it in the end...sorta right?

my hair is the color of lemons