Spoiler Warning

Book reviews and discussions may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!

Monday, February 1, 2010

February's Book by Miss Landee Lu

Now I ain't gone put this up to no voting or nothin.  This here book is the book for February.  Seems perfect to me seeing as how February is Black History Month.  Law!  I can't believe we went and got ourselves an entire month!  Things have shore changed, ain't they?

 

Now don't be scared.  I know what you thinkin. You be thinkin, "Miss Landee!  How we gone get through that whole book in the shortest month a the year?" Well, I guess you best just get goin on it now, child!  The white folk library done got a 300+ waitlist here in CO, I spec it's the same in your part of the world.  I'd suggest getting it at Costco (Law, I love that place!) for $13 or Amazon for $9.50. 

The fact is, you won't regret a single second of using your precious time to read this book.  And you will be passing it around to all your friends after you be done too.  This here is an important book.  This here is a book that makes you feel.   You gone question lots a things.  

Now go on & git.

See you at the end a the month.  I'll be ironing pleats and polishing the silver while I wait.


11 comments:

Amanda said...

AWESOME PICK! And I already have this one so I won't miss out this month.

Amanda said...

If anyone in Boise wants to borrow it when I'm finished, I'm happy to lend it out.

Jenny ESP said...

I show hope you ain't gone dip that silver, Miss Landeelu. It don't turn out near as nice as a hand polish.

Landee said...

Hand dip? Law! Who do you think you be talking to Miss Jenny? I polish my silver with such tight circles my finger get dizzy.

ShelBailey said...

Hmmm... what are the chances there's a waiting list here in prunetucky???

Markie23 said...

Let me ax you sumpin. Is you really celebratin black histry month or just makin fun o the way they's all be talkin funny like? Lordy, its a good thing we ain't got much diversity in this here literary society, else I think you might get yoself whooped upside the head.

Hot Pants said...

I'm crying Markie. But, it's ok cuz it's from laughing.

Landee said...

Mr. Markie, do yourself a favor and go on and click the link to Amazon fore you go spouting off like that. Take a peek inside a that book and then you gone tell me. Law, it be like talking to Mae Mobley over here.

samandlysander said...

The wait list at our library is like 286 people long. I'll have to get over to Amazon. I need to get back in gear and finally read the months book.

Kat said...

Excellent choice Miss Landee Lu! Another great place to buy books is www.half.com.

Bloom said...

I loved, loved, loved this book! I am so glad to have found this blog. I have read several of the books you have discussed, reviewed and look forward to reading those I am not familiar with. But, for now, if you liked The Help, I like you!