Spoiler Warning

Book reviews and discussions may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Dear SMRB

I must express my gratitude to the SMRB.

I have read every book since I joined this steenking group and I have loved every last one.  Some I loved because I could secretly mock shallowness, some I loved because of how much others hated them, and some I loved because reading keeps me sane.

I am always out of book ideas and right when I am at my wit's end with the local library (waiting on book numero tres of The Lightening Thief which I voted against but totally regret now because they are the most awesome books ever) I come to this site and I see a new read waiting for me.  Lately I have taken to reading both the also-ran as well as the final choice and I have not been let down yet.

I am frequently unavailable during the Sunday evening discussions but always go back and read to see your witticisms and keen eye to character development (as in "doyee he was totally, like, hot") and plot analysis ("lamerz!!") and reference to body parts (--reference deleted--)

I am writing this post because I missed my post on Hush Hush and I wanted to steal some time in honor of the season.

I have been insane and my only reprieve from the world is reading so graciasthanksmucho to all of you and most especially jepsy for the creation of this intellectual club of ladies and gent.

6 comments:

Memzy said...

Yay!! Ditto!

Jenny ESP said...

Awww! This makes me soooo happy! I feel the exact same way. I can't tell you how glad I am to have found fellow book readers who share my love for witticismness, and debates over which actors should play which characters in the movie adaptation (even when they get it so wrong, ie, Sean Austin as Peeta Mellark??), and figuring out what the book's play list should be. I love being surprised each month with a new book to read. And I'm grateful that someone is always willing to find us the perfect book to read. It's all a big dream come true! Keep dreaming big you gize!!

Landee said...

This kind of sentimental mumbojumbo has no place here on the SRBC website. It's like you don't know us at all.

::going to my closet to secretly weep due to my gratitude for having been a part of it all::

Amanda said...

Well said Flem. Can I call you Flembot? I like totally like agree with you. I have only been here for a short time and have read just a few books, but I am loving being a part of this book club. I've never been in a book club before, but I'm pretty sure no other clubs compare to this one. Thanks Jenny ESP for everything.

Amanda said...

PS Can we please go see New Moon together like we've been talking about. I'm dying over here. I've only seen it once.

Markie23 said...

The SRBC - changing lives for the better.
-Gent.