Spoiler Warning

Book reviews and discussions may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!

Sunday, November 29, 2009

"Long, lean muscles down his arms, broad but relaxed shoulders, and a smile that was part playful, part seductive." Oh baby.

"Hush, Hush" has such great potential and with a few tweaks it could have been awesome. I agree that the similarities to Twilight were a little too close for comfort. I think the characters needed to be flushed out more before all the bantering between Nora and Patch (hated that name) began in Biology. Also, the references to sleuthing bothered me for some reason. What does sluething have to do with human reproduction?

The writing was good. I enjoyed the descriptions. I thought, "I'm all legs, like a bar stool" was a great line. The pace was good but I think the development of Patch came too late in the story. I would have liked to get to know Patch better. I wasn't sure why I wanted to like him other than he oozed sex and danger. Vee is an annoying, shallow teenage girl, but also a believable, well-written character that acts as a great contrast to the steady, predictable Nora.

One last thing.... I think this book would make a cool movie. Patch = Robert Pattinson. Nora = Kristen Stewart. Vee = Nikki Reed. Elliot = Taylor Lautner. Dabria = Rachelle Leferve
Jules = Jackson Rothbone. I'd love to see some of these scenes on the big screen. We could call it the "Twilight Saga Hush, Hush."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anything.