Spoiler Warning

Book reviews and discussions may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Novembers Book!!!!

I have been so excited that it's finally my turn to pick the book for the month. I have seriously been reading like crazy all month searching for the perfect one. The only thing is I really want it to be something everyone else is excited about too. So I've narrowed it down to two books that you can vote between. Whatever one has the majority vote by noon tomorrow will be the winner, because I know you gize hate waiting for the results.

The first pick is:



Hush Hush
by Becca Fitzpatrick

Book Description


For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along.

With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

I bought this book last week and read it in one day. I couldn't put it down. It's the first in a series but none of the other books are out yet and the first book doesn't leave you hanging.

2nd book choice is:


Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan

This is the first in a series of five books. You gize don't have to read all 5 books this month but they are pretty easy reads so it wouldn't be that hard for those of you that wanted to and were up to the challenge. I've read the first two and loved them, they are kind of Harry Potteresque.

The first book is being made into a movie that is coming out later this year. Here is the preview which kind of explains what the book is about.





The series has great reviews on Amazon.com and also got good reviews from Stephenie Meyer herself:

"If you're looking for some beach reading, you might try Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians series if you haven't already. My son finally finished book five yesterday so I could read it today. It was a fantastic end to a fantastic series. I tip my hat to you, Mr. Riordan!"

Okay so those are the choices, just put your vote in the comment section and I'll tally 'em up tomorrow. I'm so excited to find out what it will be.

10 comments:

eekareek said...

Hush Hush FOR SURE!!!!!!!!

Flem said...

Hush Hush.

My son is reading Lightening Thief and he loves Pokemón.

But I bet it is good too.

Markie23 said...

I vote The Lightening Thief FOR SURE!!!!!

Jenny ESP said...

I can't decide!! That preview for Percy Jackson looks good, and Cord loves that series. I might have to read them book. Hmm. I still can't decide.

Jenny ESP said...

Read the BOTH, I mean. Gosh.

Amanda said...

Since I'm not a big fan of Greek Mythology I'm going to have to go with Hush Hush.

Who do I hold personally responsible if I don't like the book?

StandsMom said...

Hush Hush. Yep. Love the picture on the cover.

ShelBailey said...

Meg LOVES the Percy Jackson books. I've only read random stuff in them...but that's my vote.

Cristin said...

Hush Hush!!!!!

I've been reading The Lightening Thief series with my kids and love the books, my kids LOVE the books but I want something new....I'm selfish like that.

Memzy said...

I will eventually read both. Good job Sam!! But since I want to a series I can read with Brains, my vote is the lightning thief.