Spoiler Warning

Book reviews and discussions may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!

Friday, October 23, 2009

Hey, You. Yeah You!


Ever since the last girls trip, the idea of the next one has been tossed around. Unfortunately, none of you ladies have the balls to step up to the plate and plan it. Since I just won the popularity vote with our latest contest, I thought I should take over. I am in charge now and what I say goes. Sticking with our Twilight themed trip, I say the date of the trip should be planned around The New Moon premiere. New Moon comes out November 20th, 2009.

Now where to go? Hmmmm, do you remember that one time when Edward and Bella were really really poor but they really want to go somewhere other than Seattle, but couldn't afford expensive plane tickets so then they got on Southwest.com and Jasper and Alice helped them look for cheap tickets? Long story short, San Francisco ticket were really really cheap. It got me thinking, "Hey, that would fun!" So I too went to Southwest.com and saw that Mrs. Stephenie Meyer did her homework, and tickets from Boise to San Fran were cheap! (not as cheap as Seattle though)

So here is my idea, I say we go to San Francisco during the weekend of New Moon. I am grabbing the bulls by the horn and make it official with the dates and location and am putting out an invitation for everyone (even boys (Markie)). I know this is a little tricky, what with it being just a few days before Thanksgiving, but if you really think about, Thanksgiving is just a meal. Is it really that stressful of a holiday? We will be home in plenty of time to pull the turkey out of the freezer for it to thaw. Assign the green bean casserole to an in law and you will be good to go. Tickets are fairly cheap right now but I do want to get the ball rolling and start buying tickets and making reservations. If you want to go, let me know ASAP (Like in the next couple days). I think movie tickets should be purchased right away and also book a hotel soon too.


^^^That could totally be us
outside of the Tanner's house.
We could just pop in and say Hi
Joey and Danny and then head
up to the attic and see what Uncle
Jesse and Rebecca are up to.

And GO!

26 comments:

Hot Pants said...

I tried to wait to comment, didn't want to seem desperate, but H*** yes I'm in!

eekareek said...

Yes Amy, you sound desperate.

Memzy said...

FB actually DOES bring about good things!! (and here I thought it was lamers---FB that is). I can tell you now, I'm in!! Oh, and AV said she'll send caramels.

Landee said...

I dunno....this is totally harshing my hissy fit. I'll try and figure something out (i.e. beg Gty and offer favors) but I still hate you all.

ShelBailey said...

Side trip to Monterey for dinner????

Cristin said...

awww maaaaaaaan. I'm newly employed so I won't be going but I'll be there in spirit while I'm at the local movie theatre crying into my Diet Coke (cuz, they don't carry diet pepsi).

eekareek said...

The only reason why I decided to finally plan it was in hopes for AV's caramels.
And Landee, you can just stay at a different hotel, eat at different places, and see the movie in a different theater. Maybe bring one of your precious Jeppsons or Papacs with you!

eekareek said...

********* More Details *********


Fly in to San Fran on November 19th so we can watch the midnight movie with all the other Twilight nerds (Michelle,do you feel up to a midnight movie?) and then come home Sunday the 22nd.

Hot Pants said...

The cheapest flight coming into San Fran on Thursday gets me in at about 3:45pm, then the cheapest one leaving is at 12:45pm on Sunday. Add that to your edit Sara, so it will be cheapest....for me.

see you at the midnight move Michelle!!!

Amanda said...

Dude, I already bought my New Moon tickets. I thought every real fan had already done that.

How much $$ to San Fran? I'd love to go if I can afford it.

Landee said...

K. Put me in the "maybe" column of your SF Attendees spreadsheet. Gty thinks he can work. it. out. yo!!

PS Still hissy fitting. This isn't lessening that.

eekareek said...

Landee, I will "pencil" you in.

ManicMandee said...

I could go on the "maybe" column too. Is bringing a 3 month old baby an option?

Jenny ESP said...

Ah, San Fran! Reminds of that one part in New Moon when Edward was sent to Alcatraz. Or am I confusing this Harry Potter? Either way, put me in the no-way-am-I-missing-this category. Thanks for taking the bull by the horns Sara. You're such a cowboy.

PS. Is our book discussion still today?

StandsMom said...

OMCrap!!! Really?

I will be bribing my hubby with stuff, maybe pull out some tears. We're going to WY for Thanksgiving, but not leaving until the day before. He's in India right now, but I'll do everything I can to get an answer from him asap.

::squealing with delight::

eekareek said...

The discussion is still tonight. Lets get this book over with.

Amanda said...

Since I'm not officially able to post my book review who should I send it to? And I'm not done writing it yet, I started, but never finished. I'll finish it after the discussion.

Jenny ESP said...

Oops! Sorry Amanda. I thought you were a contributor. I just sent your invitation to your dontgetboredinidaho email address. Accept, then post away.

ShelBailey said...

Keep in mind that SF is almost 2 hours away. If I go to a midnight movie, which gets out at what...2 am? then drive home...it'll be 4 am. Hmmm....maybe we can find a cheap hotel deal, it is off-season. If you guys find a cheap hotel deal, let us know. I would love to see ya'll. If anyone needs a cheap place to stay two hours away, ya'll can come here. :0)

ShelBailey said...

Boy, did I just say "ya'll" three times in that post??? I've been hangin' around my Tennessee friend too long. :0)

ShelBailey said...

Sam says if you're going to be in SF, you should take the opportunity to get off the North American Plate and take a ride on the Pacific Plate down at our house.

ShelBailey said...

Someone should email me or call me with any final plans, as I'll certainly forget to check this blog again....And, seriously, anyone is welcome to stay her that wants to.

StandsMom said...

I'm officially in. Officially booked. Officially way excited!!!

Memzy said...

We need to finalize, like PRONTO. Are you in or are you out people?

Katie said...

I am in. I have already offered all the favors I was planning on. Tom is still soft of me from me being to awesomely sweet to him on his birthday. So, now that I have committed on this blog post, how do we make it official?

Katie said...

**so I can get the follow up comments... Just in case that's where the info is.