Spoiler Warning

Book reviews and discussions may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!

Monday, September 28, 2009

And The Book For October Is...

I don't know yet. I have it narrowed down to two books.

The first is a series book about two twin sisters. They may look the same but they are totally different! Jessica is used to getting what she want especially with boys and she will stop at nothing to get it! Elizabeth is used to giving her sister whatever she wants. Nothing is worth it to her to fight with her sister but when it comes to Todd Wilkins, Liz isn't so sure she should step aside. This time Jessica is going to have to compete for what she wants--WITH HER OWN SISTER!!
Now there are about 35 books in this series and I was only going to make volume one the book this month but people could continue reading. We may have some spoilers though during the discussion! It would also be good to read up on this series since they just announce they are making it into a movie! How about a big "shout out" to Francine Pascal! Way to go! A movie deal. It was well deserved. If the Babysitter's Club got a movie deal, then so should you!


My second thought for the book this month is a little more fitting for October, you know, cuz of Halloween and stuff. I read this book for the first time right after read Catching Fire, so it had an unfair disadvantage from the beginning. However, after I read it, I couldn't stop thinking about this book instead of Catching Fire and you all know how much I LOVE C.F. The book takes place in the future and is about a village that survived after most of the world was taken over by zombies. That's right, zombies. They aren't the good kind of zombies either, like how Edward was a good kind of vampire but the story isn't really about zombies, it is about Mary. The book will eventually be a three series book and the next one will be out in Spring 2010, if the world doesn't end before that...
That is Mary on the cover, btw. So I have been giving it a lot of thought because even though it would be funny to make everyone read Sweet Valley High, especially Markie, I think since it is October, and I do have a bit of a contest similar to the cake decorating contest in the works for everyone, I think my decision will have to be...The Forest Of Hands And Teeth. It will have some controversy in it and make for a good discussion. The contest will be announced as well as the prizes for the contest one week before the discussion. And the rules for the contest will be VERY clear. Capeesh?

The discussion will be on Sunday, October 25, 2009.

21 comments:

Markie23 said...

Oh, thank you, thank you, THANK YOUUUU!

StandsMom said...

I'm dying at that Sweet Valley High book. I totally read those like a million years ago! I remember reading it and wondering what it would feel like to be interested in boys and stuff.

The Forest of Hands and Teeth looks very cool, especially for October. Hooray! I am a little bummed that Markie won't be reading SVH.

samandlysander said...

I already read it last month. It works out great because I will have even more time to read and pick next months books. It's gonna be great by the way.

samandlysander said...

Oh yeah. I loved The Forest of Hands and Teeth. It was very romantical and had a lot of zombie action.

Landee said...

Mary looks like a B. So the zombies are bad...not hawt? Hmmmm....I guess I'll have to adjust.

Next up Pride & Prejudice & Zombies?

eekareek said...

We'll see Landee. If this whole S.V.H. movie thing takes off, we may be forced to read it.

eekareek said...

Oh and she is not a B. She is just depressed because the world has been taken over by zombies. You would feel a little depressed too if you were her.

Landee said...

Oh my gosh Eeka! Major spoiler alert! Fhs, let us ORDER the book first before you tell us such things!

Zombies or not, she needs to smile more.

Cristin said...

SWEEEEET! As much as I wanted to reread Sweet Valley High, I'm happy to make the sacrifice and try something new.

Jenny ESP said...

I've read it, as you know, and I'm quite excited to hear everyone's reaction to it. This will make for an interested discussion indeed.

As for that contest, I might need more than a week to work on whatever you have planned, so maybe you can tell us now so I can get started. Also, be sure to make "no cheating" one of the rules. And "no hissy fits" also.

Amanda said...

She looks pretty enough. Ok.

Amanda said...

PS I always judge a book by its cover.

Memzy said...

That's smart Amanda. Very smart. But srsly, DAMNIT!! I wanted SVH.

::sigh::

I guess I'll read the zombie book. ::snicker::

eekareek said...

Okay, good idea Jenny. I think I will announce the contest and the contest rules in ten days and then the deadline will be one week before the reviews.

Markie23 said...

What's a contest without a good hissy fit?

StandsMom said...

I wanted to throw a hissy fit. I really did. But I swallowed hard, and spent a day or two wallowing in self-pity. Then, as my mom would say, I pulled myself up by my bootstraps and moved on. I'm way excited about a new contest. Yay!!! Ten whole days? That's For Ev Er.

Hot Pants said...

Glad Jenny has agreed to not throw another hissy fit.

eekareek said...

I am the one who makes the rules for the contest and I may allow hissy fits. Still thinking about...

Annie said...

Hey, just for the record I finished last months Book Club read in record time(3weeks)...granted too late for the discussion but can I get some props anyhow?

P.S. I loved it and can't wait for more. Maybe I will try and read Octobers read now...or not.

Katie said...

How am I going to reread New Moon, and this gem? I am only half way through catching fire... Plus all the blogging I have to catch up on.

Flem said...

Oh wait, the Forest of Hands and Teeth is the real name of a book? I might have to be out for this one since I get easily scared. Is it creepy?