Spoiler Warning

Book reviews and discussions may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sarah Prine is my hero!

First of all. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this book. It has everything I dearly love in a book: love, challenges, a strong main woman character, a handsome ornery, make me swoon every time I read about him kind of man. It made me laugh, cry, yell at the book and want to turn my eyes away from the page a few times. I wasn't half way through when I texted my girlie friend and said "You have to read this... HAVE to!!!". I started reading it on the exercise bike and had to force myself to put it away long enough to take a shower. The rest of the day I just read and yelled at my kids to be quiet. It feels like it's been a long time since I read something that I couldn't put down.

Second, I screamed (yes screamed) when she married that no good awful, Jimmy and I cried for her when he died and she found out he never loved her. Her pain is my pain.

Third, I felt like I was with her the whole time, I was afraid, excited, sad and felt all funny inside when Jack kissed her. It was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Fourth, though I don't think I would want to experience all that she went through, and it would be a hard life, I'm still fascinated by that time and all her life experiences and kind of wished I was there with her. I love her strength and found her weaknesses to be endearing.

Fifth, I'm glad she never read that book. I loved that he carried that book with him every time he left and that she put it away when he died. I can't even explain why I do, it just felt right. By the way did anyone else about die of heartache when you read that letter he wrote her but never finished or sent????

Sixth, I hate it when a book ends kind of sad. I just do, I cried for her and for me when Jack died. I'm still a little sad. They love each other....how can he die on her??? They were both still young....sniff sniff. I'm still not over it...

Still in mourning,
Cristin

No comments: