Spoiler Warning

Book reviews and discussions may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

July's Pick Is.....



As of today, I have two votes for The Girl, two votes for InkHeart and two votes for either. Thanks for nothing, you gize! Just kidding. Thanks, really, for making me make a decision. For selfish reasons, I'm going to select The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester. I've read it already, so maybe I can come up with some fun things to do throughout the month. I guess it's not selfish if I want to take advantage of it to do things for you! :D

So, dig in! Happy reading!!!


"It's the oddest/sweetest mix of Little House on the Prairie and X-Men. I was smiling the whole time (except for the part where I cried). Prepare to have your heart warmed."
-Stephanie Meyer

"You just can't keep a good girl down...unless you use the proper methods.
Piper McCloud can fly. Just like that. Easy as pie.
Sure, she hasn't mastered reverse propulsion and her turns are kind of sloppy,
but she's real god at loop-the-loops.
Problem is, the good folk of Lowland County are afraid of Piper.
And her ma's at her wit's end...."
-taken from the inside cover of the book

5 comments:

Cristin said...

YAY!!! I was kinda hoping for this one lol. I was just trying to force you to make a decision...don't worry I'll get mine, I get to choose next month.... I hate making decisions. haha

Flem said...

Sorry I didn't vote I have been swaaaamped. I did read These is My Words and no time for a review. Ugh!

Anyway I am excited about this and think I have it on hold at the library even!

Jenny ESP said...

Got it today!

samandlysander said...

I'm so excited! I got my book and can't wait for the discussion at the end of this month.

eekareek said...

I remember seeing this movie but it was called The Boy Who Could Fly.