Spoiler Warning

Book reviews and discussions may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!

Monday, May 4, 2009

This Month's Selection!!!---Memzy style


Total honor.
Humbly accepted.
JennyESP has asked me to "host" this month's book club. Let me first say that I realize I've been critical of past books. But we can't all like the same things right? That being said, this book is gonna be awesome. (to start with it isn't about rabbits--sorry Flem I just can't resist) I haven't even read it and I'm that confident. It was recommended to me by more than one person (who all happen to love the same books I do) and they described it as Twilight meets LOTR. So with that :::drum roll::



Here is our lovely description:

When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder -- much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing -- not even a smear of blood -- to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?
This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know. . . .
Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clare's ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end.

Enjoy people. Enjoy.

18 comments:

Memzy said...

Hello.

Memzy said...

Are you gize awake yet?

Markie23 said...

Snort, huh? wha?... iPhone?

Cristin said...

YAY! WOOT! I'm so glad you picked this book because I bought it last week because it looked good! I'm so glad I won't be reading it alone.

StandsMom said...

Amazing. I just bought it too. I'm actually about 6 chapters in. I'm reserving my opinion so far.

Jenny ESP said...

First, is Mark trying to say he got an iPhone? Confused.

K, I had the inside scoop on this book (thanks Memz) so I read it Fri/Sat. This is gonna be a fun one to discuss--SO looking forward to it. It's a series of three books, I'm almost done with book two, and I must read book three. Hope you gize have some time on your hands.

I have to say, tho, who the H told you it even slightly resembled LOTR, Memzy? It's nothing like LOTR, IMO, but it does remind me of a cross between Twilight and Harry Potter.

Flem said...

Clary is pulled into Jace's world

::snicker::

I will definitely check it out simply because I love exotic and gritty.

Mary said...

I just have to ask....what's LOTR?

Markie23 said...

Sorry for the confusion Jenny... I was awakened from a nightmare involving all my friends & family and the Kill-Markie App on their iPhones.

3 books? Cool. I'm goin' for it!

Markie23 said...

Oooh, oooh, let me answer...

Lord Of The Rings

samandlysander said...

These look good. I'm pretty excited.

Landee said...

"Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk."

I'm in.

Brooke said...

I've actually read this book! But that was awhile ago and I didn't know there were others! Can't wait to read them.
From what I remember, it was good. And it had vampires. Vampires are good.

PS. I'm sad I missed last night's discussion! But it was finals today and it turns out that 8pm is actually 11pm here, so I just needed to sleep.

Cristin said...

aww Markie, will you ever forgive me for ditching our no iphone club?? please???

Mary said...

I shouldn't have asked. I'm not a fan of LOTR and am now worried about buying the book.

Warriorcats said...

i want to be in the book club..if its not to late can i? im actully farther into the book then my mom lol! its a great book, can wait to see how it ends!

Memzy said...

Of course Warriorcat!!! We'd love to have you!!!

Warriorcats said...

thanx memzy. i think this is gonna be awesome. i really am looking forward to reading "city of ashes" its like number two of the series.