I thoroughly enjoyed this series. I thought it was Twilight meets Harry Potter-ish. I won't give any major "spoilers" away on the next two books but you may just wanna go ahead and read them. Cuz it's sorta like eating a bite of hot fudge brownie sundae............and not swallowing it. You'll never really be satisfied.
Things I loved:
1.Simon. You've gotta love a smart-a** nerdy guy. How can you not?
2. Tattoos that are considered signs of honor and look pretty. I mean,...you know,....I might....
3. The idea that there are other dimensions around us. I KNEW there was a reason why messes in my house just appear out of nowhere. Somebody is using the playroom as a portal.
4. Jace and Clary. Enough said. The sexual tension there even rivals the one between Mary Poppins and Bert the Chimney sweep. It's powerful stuff.
5. Two words: Magnus. Bane. There's no way you can't love an effeminate warlock.
Things I didn't like:
1. The characters were sometimes semi-retarded.
2. Clary's mom never TOLD her? I'd be pizzzzed.
3. Hodge turning out to be a total jagbag. Wha? I hearted him......past tense.
I'm sure there is more but I thought I should ask you these questions to get the partay started:
1. Why do you think Isabelle is such a B all the time? (and yet we like her don't we)
2. How does this book compare to the imaginary world of Harry Potter in your opinion?
3. Would you recommend this book/series to a friend?