Spoiler Warning

Book reviews and discussions may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Dear SRBC,

I regret to inform you that I will not be participating in this month's discussion regarding City of Bones this evening. Due to several extenuating circumstances, I am only on page 192. If you don't know, that is where she has just left standing before the Silent Bros. Council having had her brain probed by those creepy doods. Yeah, not even half way through the book.

I know that Magnus Bane is something though.... that's good, right?

I apologize immensely and intensely and I hope that I will eventually be forgiven for this atrocity. I plan on finishing the book as I am finding it to be quite enjoyable in a I-liked-it-the-first-time-when-it-was-called-Harry-Potter sort of way. I will then return to this beloved site, read all the reviews and every last comment. I promise. Believe me, this hurts me more than it hurts you.

Forever Yours in Literature,

Landeelu Landerson

4 comments:

Markie23 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Markie23 said...

Hope everything is ok, and I'll look forward to a full review when your done. I'll be biting my lip until I taste blood.

StandsMom said...

I do understand really, but it just wouldn't be right if I didn't cast some sort of 'look' or say something like, "Wha???" I will be attending the book club meeting and commenting and can say I listened to the entire book on my iphone. My final response to your absence is a simple, yet gently-exaggerated ::::sighhhhhhh::::. Love ya, Landee. Get readin' there missy!

Jenny ESP said...

If only you had had one more day... you will be missed.