Spoiler Warning

Book reviews and discussions may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!

Monday, April 20, 2009

No Pressure

As of today, Monday April 20th, you should have read 670 pages. I believe that means you should be finishing up The Queen of Attolia in the next day or two. Our discussion is a week from Sunday.

For "grade-level" books there sure are a lot of words I never heard before. Here are a few I had to look up on Dictionary.com

Magus
–noun, plural
1. One of the Magi.
2. A magician, sorcerer, or astrologer.
3. A Zoroastrian priest.

Megaron
–noun, plural
A building or semi-independent unit of a building, generally used as a living apartment and typically having a square or broadly rectangular principal chamber with a porch, often of columns in antis, and sometimes an antichamber or other small compartments.

Dystopia
–noun
A society characterized by human misery, as squalor, oppression, disease, and overcrowding.

And here are what the Japanese think that Gen and Attolia look like:


6 comments:

Katie said...

Get out! Flem and I LIVE in a megaron. AND her youngest daughter's name is Megaron. AND (it gets stranger), one time when Flem's whole family was supposed to be at church, Megaron was actually left at home. IN the Megaron.

Markie23 said...

I'll fibula pin that to my fridge Katie.

samandlysander said...

I just started reading I'd better speed it up.

Cristin said...

I'm with Sam, I just got my books today. I'll race ya Sam! haha

Memzy said...

Just finished the Thief. But I read it in 3 days so I think I'm good. So far, I'm mucho happy with your choice Markie!! It's good stuff.

Flem said...

Megaron.

I thought that word was totally made up--thanks for the lesson. I love the word dystopia because I love words that are twists on my faves.

And sí claro I finished it already.