Spoiler Warning

Book reviews and discussions may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Who said it?

These are some of my favorite lines in the story. You get a point each for answering them correctly (you know, who said the quote) and then you get an additional point for identifying which one of these lines is at the peak of the action in the book (according to my opinion) and therefore gives me the chills even writing it up here.

1. "I used to roll a joke along the ground and we both followed it. That was how we kept going."

2. "Damn de lot. Fight plenty."

3. "Can you run? I think not."

4. "There's a large dog loose in the wood."

5. "My Chief Rabbit has told me to defend this run and until he says otherwise I shall stay here."

6. "Come back, you fools! Dogs aren't dangerous! Come back and fight!"

7. "I've come to ask whether you'd care to join my Owsla. We shall be glad to have you and you'll enjoy it. If you're ready, we might go along now."

7 comments:

Memzy said...

1. Bluebell
2. Kehaar
3. Farm cat
4. Groundsel?
5. Bigwig (peak action spot)
6. Woundwort
7. Black Rabbit of Inle

Oh and I finished the book yesterday. No tears. At all. I must be dead inside.

Markie23 said...

I'm too lazy to look up those quotes so I'll trust Memzy's answers, But yeah... #5 gives me the chills too and makes me want to read the book again already.

StandsMom said...

Uh...I'm trying not to look at Memzy's answers. Promise. Without getting my book out...
1. Bluebell?? (really, I'm not looking)
2. Kehaar, duh.
3. The cat.
4. Bluebell?
5. Bigwig - the most awesome scene. Peak action spot for sure. Take THAT General Poopy Pants!!!
6. General Poopy Pants
7. That black death rabbit. Awfully polite tho, isn't he?

I didn't cry while reading this book either. Does that really mean I'm dead inside? I cried at TOFW. Despite everything else. I almost cried in horror this morning when I accidentally posted my blog entry on this one instead of my own. I srsly don't know how that happened. It was only here for about 2 minutes. Sorry!!!

P.S. I'm in the process of reading Austenland. Any of you read it yet?

Landee said...

You didn't even put the BEST part of the quote #1.... right before he said that he said "Hraka one end, jokes the other."

Now THAT is comedy.

I'm not done but now I basically know how the book ends so thanks for ruining it everybody.

Cristin said...

uh...can I get points for buying the book? I guess I better read it now since everybody is done with it.

Memzy said...

I did NOT look at my book for those answers. I'm just way smart. And stuff.

StandsMom I've read Austenland and I really liked it. It was a quick read. Nothing too good or too bad either way.

Jenny ESP said...

1. Bluebell
2. Kehaar
3. Tab (the cat)
4. Bigwig
5. Bigwig--big scene
6. Woundwort
7. El-ahrairah

All fresh in my mind. Benefit of procrastination.