Spoiler Warning

Book reviews and discussions may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!

Monday, February 23, 2009

No Surprises Here

For those who have paid any attention to my comments for the last few months, you will not be surprised at this month's pick:



























Watership Down

Before you go tharn about the journey of a bunch of hrair hlessil, don't give me any of that hraka until you kick back fu inle´and silflay with the book in your hand.

It is a long book but I swear to you it is worth it. When you read that last page you will experience deep joy and sadness all in one. I dare you not to cry.

If not you are dead inside.

9 comments:

Markie23 said...

I hope we won't be required to know or learn words like: tharn, hrair, hlessil, hraka, fu inle´and silflay. My head's already full of dusty unused Spanish words.
And don't count on any tears from SpecialPowers or Hot Pants. They are past feeling.

Katie said...

When you say long...how long. No, I am up for anything, and usually have time to read all the nominated books, just in case.

Memzy said...

Oye. This feels serious tho. Are there any virginal love scenes?

Hot Pants said...

I love a challenge. And trying to make me cry is a huge one. I'll pick up a dictionary to go along with this one.

Flem said...

No bunny love-making. And since it was published in the 1970s everyone should be able to find it in the library so you don't have to buy it even though you should. It is kinda long but you can read the cliff notes version if you don't want to actually read it.

Tara said...

I'm told to say something like

Let me in.

Landee said...

I already have it on hold at the library. Now I just need to make Gty go pick it up.

No bunny love?? Why do they call Wymount the rabbit hutches then? This is a rip off....

Jenny ESP said...

Hey, Tara, welcome! You'll be getting an email inviting you to be a contributor soon (so you can post your reviews and stuff).

Tara said...

Yay! Now I need to get a copy of the book!