Spoiler Warning

Book reviews and discussions may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Don't be like our US senators...

...read Graceling by Kristen Cashore.



Katssssssssssssssa

You only have 2.5 days left to read it, so hopefully you've been good lil American book clubbers and have at least started reading it, cuz if you haven't, there will be no bail outs this time around.

The good news is, I heard back from numerous book clubbers who loved it, liked it, or not-so-badded it. See, I set your expectations low, and now it'll be a pleasure to read. Plus, let's not forget that one virginal love-making scene.<--added incentive.

In other news, I have signed a Smart Remarks Stimulous bill that will go into effect Feb 23rd, 2009. No need to read it. Everything will be fine. Things will be nice and stimutated around here in the near future.

8 comments:

Katie said...

I am reading it right now. Well, not right now, but i will be finished before the 22. That is Violet's birthday, but I am going to go ahead and plan on it anyway. She better not ruin this for me!

Memzy said...

Oh yeeeeah baby. So, what's the plan again? I want to make sure I'm on my toes.

Landee said...

I'm not a reader but I'll muscle through.... just for the mid-point incentive.

Hot Pants said...

I'll read it so I don't get left out and get a hissy fit call from anyone. Plus, I forgot about the virginal love scene. Friday night is now spoken for.

Jenny ESP said...

^^Strange you should mention hissy fit calls. I got one tonight. I was in my kitchen with my apron on, mixing cake batter, when... "bring bring, bring bring"... "hello"... "hey jenny, I just called to chew you out" ::pause:: "that's the only reason you called?" ... "yep" ... "I'm listening" ::holding phone with shoulder and cracking an egg::

Hot Pants said...

"I'm listening"??????

Landee said...

I forget how this works. We all post our reviews at 9pm (mountain time)? Or is just one person doing a review? It's been so long I forgot which one we decided was better.

I bow to your decision, Lady Jespy.

Markie23 said...

The way we did it last time (and I think it worked well) was that beginning at 12am on Sunday (today) anyone that wanted to post a review posted it, on this site, but people were not supposed to comment on the reviews (in fact when you post your review I recommend you don't allow comments on it - that'll keep everyone honest). Then at 8 or 9 (I think it was 8 Pacific and 9 mountain) the moderator (Jenny?) creates a discussion post where everyone posts their comments. That way there is only ONE place to look for reviews, and only ONE post to look for comments.
And yes, I read the book. So I'll go ahead and write my little review right now, and you should too!