Spoiler Warning

Book reviews and discussions may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Suckith

OK, this bookclub is really sad, like a dying star. I'm gonna try and revive it, will you gize help me?

I couldn't tell what the majority decision was after my last post, based on your gizes vague/neutral comments. So, here's what we're gonna do... let's just stick with Graceling. We'll rip it off like a cheap bandaid. It might sting a little, but it'll be over fast. Really, it was arogant of me to think that just because I didn't like it, you wouldn't like it. You gize may go goo goo ga ga for it.

Next month, we'll start fresh with highly recommended books only. In fact, rather than voting on noms, I was thinking about having a different bookcluber choose the book we read each month.

So read Graceling, enjoy that one part where they do that one thing you did on your wedding night, and be ready to discuss it on...

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 22nd* at 8pm (9pm mountain time)

*George Washington's birthday

10 comments:

ManicMandee said...

Ok. Jenny, you are the boss. But honestly, I trust your opinion and I don't want to waste my time on it if you didn't like it. So I'm gonna pass. I've got plenty of other reading material here for me to cover in the meantime.
I'll plan on reading next month's choice.

Markie23 said...

I ditto MM's comment. I'm glad to not be in SmartRemarks limbo anymore though. Catchya next month.

Katie said...

Well, my book came in at the library, but I just let it sit there. I think that I have until the 30th to pick it up so there still might be time. I will give it a try. I have read the first 10 pages of about 5 other books, and I need to be forced to finish something. The promise of a good debate will push me through.

Landee said...

oh geez. I'm like #19 on the cue to get this from the library and I'm not buying this thing. I hope it comes in before GW's birthday.

Sam, Shel & Co said...

I already bought it, before Jenny warned me. I'll probably read it, but I have to finish the two books before it, first. I put myself on a reading "diet" because I wasn't getting anything done. But, I can probably get to it before then.

Memzy said...

I'm IN. If for no other reason than to support the book club. I've got the book club's back you gize.

eekareek said...

What?! A love scene?? I am in.

Krissy said...

Not just a love scene eekareek...a virginal love making scene. Juicy huh? I am in too, that is if Katie returns her book to the library in time for me to get it!

mesplin said...

Count me back in!! I still need to read Uglies - bought it this week.

I have a couple books that I have read recently that I would recommend - The Story of Edward Sawtelle (Oprah book) and Dewey. Both a couple of tear jerkers :)

Flem said...

Just finished Graceling. It took three weeks on the lib waiting list so we better be talking about it.