Spoiler Warning

Book reviews and discussions may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

And the Noms are...

OK, this was a long time coming. Sorry!

Thanks to everyone who suggested books! Here are the noms...

**Blogger won't let me upload pictures right now, so I guess nobody will be judging a book by its cover. Actually, just follow the link to see what the books about and you can judge the covers then. Each of these books have been backed by at least one of our book clubbers, so rest easy. The book we end up with will be worth reading, I'm sure. We have quite a variety of genres, so it might depend on what everyone is in the mood for.

Thanks to everyone who suggested books! Here are the noms...

*I added pictures...

#1

Letter From a Nut by Ted L. Nancy


OR since several of you have read the first one, maybe the choice should be:
More Letters from a Nut


#2

The Elfstones of Shannara by Terry Brooks



#3

Remembering the Good Times by Richard Peck


#4

Midnighters by Scott Westerfeld


#5

The Shepherd of the Hills by Harold Bell Wright



#6

Graceling by Kristin Cashore



16 comments:

ManicMandee said...

I say Letters From a Nut or More Letters From a Nut. Lets keep it super light this time around.

Katie said...

You'll never guess it, but I have read both those books. I own them I didn't think they really counted as books, but they are light and easy to find a place to stop for the night, or to change a diaper.
I am not going to vote though. I want to just be surprised. But if there is one particular book that needs just one more vote to win...you can use it.

Also, I recommend everyone read my copy of those books. They have a very romantic preface. (A gift from an ex-boyfriend.)

samandlysander said...

Either Midnighters or Graceling sounds good to me.

Landee said...

Ooooooh, the all look so good!!

It's hard to choose but Graceling had me at "an angry girl who had eschewed friendships (with the exception of one cousin that she trusts)."

Plus I'm a sucker for two different colored eyes.

Memzy said...

My vote is for Graceling or Letters from a Nut. You can count both those votes and do your math oh wise Book Club president.

Memzy said...

I would like to file a complaint to the president:

We all deserve our own votes. Especially after someone has texted someone else to hurry up and vote. And then when that voter doesn't vote the exact way that SOMEONE (Landee) wants her to, the other sweet innocent smartly minded voter gets text messages questioning their vote. And let's just say Chris Farley was brought into this unnecessarily.

Jenny ESP said...

Does someone need a time-out?

Memzy said...

a time out in the naughty chair

Landee said...

Yes, Memzy does. For lying and stuff. She has no proof of anything. And she lies anywayz.

eekareek said...

This comment area is getting heated. Maybe we should also add Chicken Noodle Soup for the Soul to help smooth things over. So that is my vote.



Sent from my $20 Cricket cell phone

Cristin said...

I'll go with Gracling but I'm really a judge of book covers and I don't really like going into this blind but I'll let go of my prejudices ...this time.

Markie23 said...

Of course I vote for my own recommendation, but now that I discover that LFAN is likely a Seinfeld creation I'm gonna have to read it anyways.... Mulva.

Hot Pants said...

I looked them up and the I am going for either the Shepherd one or the Graceling. I've read Letters from a Nut and think it would be a good laugh in our discussions, and recommend it for you all, but since I've already read it I will vote for something else.

Memzy said...

See Landee?^

Landee said...

W/e. K, now that I see all the covers all together, I still vote for Graceling.

Amanda said...

Um, I can't even decide on what to make for dinner, what makes you think I can choose a book to read.