Spoiler Warning

Book reviews and discussions may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

How It's Gonna Work...

(In case you missed it, the post below announced our meeting date and time)

Here's how our book club will work:
  • Each month, I'll pick someone to host the book club discussion on this blog.
  • The Host will be responsible for writing a detailed review (including any author info), providing questions and topics that will result in stimulating conversation, guiding the discussion, and holding still while an alien inserts itself into their body.
Gosh that sounds so serious. Our book club is growing up you gize. But it's supposed to be 90% fun, 10% serious, so don't be intimidated, MmKay?
  • The Host will post their review at a specified meeting date and time, and we will have our discussion in the comments of that review (just keep refreshing your screen).
  • Anyone who read the book and wants to write their own review (I probably will cuz I can't keep my mouth shut), can post their review on their own blog on the day of the book club meeting, and direct all comments to the Smart Remarks book club blog at the actual meeting time, so we can keep the discussion all in one place. Feel free to invite any of your gizes peps to join our discussion, cuz it's nonexclusive and the more the merrier, but I totally believe in censorship so no funny business. My hand will be hoovering over the delete button.
So, who's The Host this month?



Landeelu Landerson

Landee nominated The Hunger Games, so I thought she would be an excellent host for this months discussion, and she graciously agreed to do it you gize.

14 comments:

Landee said...

I AM so gracious. Thank you for noticing.

No funny business?? ::ripping up my review and starting over::

WhatEVER!

Hot Pants said...

I'm scared.

Memzy said...

I'm thinking "funny business" is referring to possible "Liebrary"-ish innuendos. ifyaknowtimsayin

ManicMandee said...

I am very much looking forard to talking about this book. And Landee is the perfect choice to start us off.

Landee said...

Don't be scared WarmCapris. It's just a book club. Plus Jenny has that delete button thingy.

Markie23 said...

Jenny, you're groovy in a far out way! I love "how it's gonna work".
I just hope that is not a picture of Landee running away from responsibility.

Emily said...

I have a meeting tonight and may not get back in time for the action, but I'll check in as soon as I get home. If I miss it, can I post my review later?

sarastrasser said...

I don't know if I can wait until 9:00 p.m. The children will definately be getting sleeping pills at 8:00 though.

Jenny ESP said...

Emily--I hope you get back in time! I tried to make it late enough that the kids would be in bed, but not too late that the parents would be in bed. ;) Definitely post your own review--I can't wait to hear what everyone thought of it.

Going to set my TiVo...

Emily said...

Dang! I have to head out, but I'm gonna tune in when I get home and try to catch you guys. If I don't, I'll do a review post tomorrow k? Don't have too much fun without me.

Memzy said...

ummmm

Memzy said...

I'm refreshing.....and refreshing.

Jenny ESP said...

What the...

Jenny ESP said...

maybe she's having technical difficulty and that's why she's 4 minutes late.